Turkey with Curried Cream Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Hot cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour and curry powder until smooth; gradually whisk in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, zucchini and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add turkey, lemon peel and reserved sauce; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 3 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey with Curried Cream Sauce
Sort By :
"It was my first time cooking with curry. So I think it tasted good. It didn't have a strong taste. It tasted better after I added salt & pepper at the end. I did add 1 red pepper and 1/2 a green pepper (just some extra veg i had in my fridge). The cashews added a nice crunch :) My 3 yr old ate his entire bowl without any prompting!"
"Quick and easy. It actually picks up more flavor the longer it sits."
"We thought the recipe, as it is written, was very bland and tasteless....half way through the meal I stirred 1/3 cup of mango chutney into the cream sauce and it made all the difference. For us it went from not so good to very tasty."