Turkey with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple jelly
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. Cut tenderloins widthwise in half. Slice each half lengthwise in half, but do not cut all the way through. Open and flatten each piece. Sprinkle both sides with poultry seasoning. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey in oil and butter for 3-4 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove turkey to platter and keep warm. Add cranberry sauce, jelly, mustard and allspice to skillet; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Spoon over turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 314 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer