Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
This is a very tasty and easy way to cook a turkey breast in the slow cooker. Ideal for holiday potlucks, the sweet cranberry sauce complements the turkey nicely. —Marie Ramsden, Fairgrove, Michigan
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (3 pounds each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place turkey breasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine
- the cranberry sauce, 1/2 cup water and soup mix. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender. Remove
- turkey and keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices to a large saucepan. Combine the cornstarch
- and remaining water until smooth. Bring cranberry mixture to a boil;
- gradually stir in cornstarch mixture until smooth. Cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice turkey; serve with cranberry
- sauce. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 248 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 45 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer