Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
"This is a very tasty and easy way to cook a turkey breast in the slow cooker," says Marie Ramsden, Fairgrove, Michigan. The sweet cranberry sauce complements the turkey nicely. Then use the extra meat in the two recipes here.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place turkey breast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine
- the cranberry sauce, 1/2 cup water and soup mix. Pour half over
- turkey. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until a thermometer
- reads 170°. Remove turkey and keep warm.
- Transfer both cranberry mixtures to a large saucepan. Combine
- cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Bring cranberry mixture
- to a boil; gradually stir in cornstarch mixture until smooth. Cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice turkey; serve with
- cranberry sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer