Turkey with Cranberry-Grape Sauce Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (12 ounces each) , halved widthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Flatten turkey to 3/4-in. thickness. Combine oil, pepper and salt; rub over both sides of turkey.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill turkey, covered, over direct medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 4. Just before serving, stir grapes into sauce. Serve turkey with cranberry-grape sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
5 ounces cooked turkey with 1/3 cup sauce equals 328 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 45 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer