Turkey with Corn Sausage Stuffing Recipe
All year long, my family looks forward to Christmas when I prepare this pretty and pleasing stuffing. Cream-style corn and sausage make every bite moist and delicious. —Janet Danner, Peebles, Ohio
- 8 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- Melted butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Just before baking, loosely stuff the turkey. Place remaining stuffing in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; refrigerate. Skewer openings of turkey; tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Brush with butter.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3/4 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 165° when inserted in center of stuffing and the thigh reaches at least 170°. Bake additional stuffing, covered, for 45-50 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. When the turkey begins to brown, baste with drippings; cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving.
- 4. For gravy, dissolve bouillon in water; set aside. Transfer turkey to warm platter. Remove stuffing. Pour 1/4 cup pan drippings into a saucepan; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add bouillon mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey and stuffing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 789 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 243mg cholesterol, 1156mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 92g protein.
Reviews for Turkey with Corn Sausage Stuffing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC