- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Crumble corn bread into a large bowl. Add the parsley, poultry
- seasoning and pepper; toss. Combine egg substitute and 3/4 cup
- butter; add to the corn bread mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Just before baking, stuff the turkey with dressing. Skewer or fasten
- openings. Tie drumsticks together. Place on a rack in a roasting
- pan. Brush with remaining butter. Place remaining dressing in a
- greased baking dish; cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake turkey at 325° for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until a
- thermometer reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the
- stuffing. When turkey begins to brown, cover lightly with a tent of
- aluminum foil.
- Bake extra dressing at 325° for 1 hour. When turkey is done, let
- stand for 20 minutes before carving. Remove all dressing to a
- serving bowl. Yield: 8-10 servings (10 cups dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 983 calories, 51 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 322 mg cholesterol, 1,120 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 81 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer