Turkey with Balsamic-Honey Sauce Recipe
Balsamic vinegar and honey make a quick and tasty sauce for turkey slices.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, honey and soy sauce until blended; set aside. Place eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip turkey slices into eggs, then coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute turkey in oil in batches for 2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir vinegar mixture and add to the skillet; add the raisins and almonds. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
2 turkey slices with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 471 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 39 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC