Turkey Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; cook until bubbly. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Turkey Wild Rice Soup(18)
Sort By :
This is so good. I added some mushrooms and a little more flour as I like my soup a little thicker. Very tasty!
Made this last night and my husband (and I) loved it. Was so simple and tasty. A great way to use leftover turkey! It tasted even better today as leftovers!
I doubled the recipe which was a mistake because it was difficult to cook the roux (flour, butter, veggie mix) properly. Next time I will sauté the veggies in a separate pan and make the roux ( flour and butter) by itself. That way it will be cooked and not floury/ chalky feeling in your mouth from uncooked roux. Also I will cut the flour by half and see if I like it better. Seems like quite a bit of flour! Usually butter amount equals flour amount for the roux. So perhaps 1/4 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of butter. I did make double like I said and my family enjoyed it. It's extremely thick which is what you want and pretty tasty despite all the flour.
Yummy Classic wild rice soup, easy to make, didn't last 24 hours for family of five. The picky 13 & 7 year olds loved it.
Absolutely delicious. I added a cup of chopped dried shiitake mushrooms. Would definitely make again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Soup Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Soup Recipes >