- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; cook until bubbly. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Turkey Wild Rice Soup
Sort By :
"I added mushrooms and also took my turkey drippings and thickened it up and added that to my soup, too. I was delicious have made it after every turkey I make. We have turkey at least once a month."
"This is very delicious-we love it!!"
"So good. So very, very good."
"Mushrooms were a terrific addition - we loved the suggestion. Served with hot biscuits, this soup was a comfort food indeed for a cold and rainy fall evening such as we had today."