Turkey Wild Rice Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup (prepared with fat-free vinaigrette) equals 228 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Wild Rice Salad
"I am always asked for this recipe when I make it. I've used pre-cooked chicken strips in it instead of turkey as well."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.