Turkey Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Serve up a medley of textures and tastes with this colorful luncheon idea from our Test Kitchen. Crunchy celery, pepper and pecans combine with juicy grapes and dried cherries, wild rice and leftover turkey in this easy standout salad. You can substitute instant brown rice for the wild rice.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Wild Rice Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Wild Rice Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2009
I am always asked for this recipe when I make it. I've used pre-cooked chicken strips in it instead of turkey as well.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >