Serve up a medley of textures and tastes with this colorful luncheon idea from our Test Kitchen. Crunchy celery, pepper and pecans combine with juicy grapes and dried cherries, wild rice and leftover turkey in this easy standout salad. You can substitute instant brown rice for the wild rice.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Wild Rice Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p31
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Wild Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review