Turkey White Chili Recipe
Growing up in a Pennsylvania Dutch area, I was surrounded by excellent cooks and wonderful foods. I enjoy experimenting with new recipes, like this change-of-pace chili. —Kaye Whiteman, Charleston, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 70 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless turkey breast, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 1. In a 2-qt. saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin; cook for 5 minutes. Add turkey; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Add broth, beans, jalapeno, marjoram and savory; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Uncover; cook 15 minutes more. Dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into chili. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve topped with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 288 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC