Turkey-White Bean Soup Recipe
Packed with veggies, turkey, color and nutrition, this hearty soup will warm ’em up right down to their toes. For an extra-special touch, top with shredded Parmesan cheese. —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes in puree, cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add rosemary and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the beans, spinach and turkey; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Serve with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/3 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 233 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 893 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC