Turkey White Bean Soup
This hearty, meal-in-one will stick to your ribs on a cold autumn night. Save room for the biscuit!
- Amy Martell, Canton, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook and stir until no longer
- pink. Drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until
- vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 318 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 902 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.