Turkey Waldorf Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 16 hard rolls, split
- 1. Drain pineapple, pressing out excess juice; discard all but 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, turkey, apples, walnuts and celery.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, poppy seeds, lemon peel, vanilla, seasoning blend and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over turkey mixture and toss well. Chill. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
1 sandwich equals 314 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.