The fresh fruity filling for this sandwich is a nice variation of a classic. My clan loves the cool and creamy combination, so I serve these sandwiches often for a light lunch or dinner.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium green apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 16 hard rolls, split
- Drain pineapple, pressing out excess juice; discard all but 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, turkey, apples, walnuts and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, poppy seeds, lemon peel, vanilla, seasoning blend and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over turkey mixture and toss well. Chill. Serve on rolls. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Waldorf Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p153
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Waldorf Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review