A perfect combination of refreshing and filling, this salad is ideal for days when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen. Serve it stuffed in pita bread for a yummy lunch.—Trisha Kruse, Eagle, ID
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple, diced
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery and cranberries. Pour dressing over mixture; toss to coat. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in apple and walnuts. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Waldorf Salad in Country Woman October/November 2009, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2015
"This recipe is delicious! I get asked to make it at least once a week from my family I've loaned the recipe out several times on request."