Turkey Waldorf Pita
We like to roast turkey throughout the year because we enjoy the leftovers. Several years ago, while nibbling on a fresh Waldorf salad and some cold turkey, I decided to combine the two. This pita was an instant hit.
—Rita Miller, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, grapes, walnuts
- and mayonnaise. Place a lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with
- turkey salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 636 calories, 36 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.