We like to roast turkey throughout the year because we enjoy the leftovers. Several years ago, while nibbling on a fresh Waldorf salad and some cold turkey, I decided to combine the two. This pita was an instant hit. —Rita Miller, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apple, grapes, walnuts and mayonnaise. Place a lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with turkey salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Waldorf Pita in Reminisce Extra April 2005, p52
Reviews for Turkey Waldorf Pita
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2012
"Made this for a gathering with my Aunts and Cousins and it was a big hit!! It also was great the next day for lunch. Wouldn't change a thing. Enjoy!!"