Who knew sandwiches could be so fun? This medley from our Test Kitchen will bring smiles to the whole table with its fantastic taste and whimsical fun.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple pancake syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices white bread
- 3/4 pound sliced deli turkey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cranberry sauce, syrup and pepper until combined. Spread over four slices of bread; top with turkey and remaining bread. Spread butter over both sides of sandwiches.
- Cook in a preheated waffle iron or indoor grill according to manufacturer's directions for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Wafflewiches in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p7
Reviews for Turkey Wafflewiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2010
"this recipe sounds so wierd--my husband swore he would hate it...it was awesome!! If you are having doubts-just try it-it is pleaseantly suprising"