Turkey Verde Lettuce Wraps
I think this dish is a clever pairing of low-fat food with high-end flavor. It'll certainly satisfy your cravings for a spicy and fun dish. — Stephanie Barron, Lake Orion, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (17.6 ounces each) turkey breast cutlets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 12 romaine leaves
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, oil, garlic salt and pepper. Heat a
- large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey mixture in batches;
- cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Return all turkey
- to pan. Stir in salsa; heat through. Serve in romaine. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 2 lettuce wraps equals 229 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.