Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
This is one of my "tried-and-true" recipes that I always make after Thanksgiving when the turkey leftovers are just about used up. The carcass makes a wonderful broth, and it's amazing how much more meat is made available after boiling those bones!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (8-1/2 ounces each) lima beans, drained
- 1 to 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large stockpot, combine the broth, potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add the corn, lima beans, turkey, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Yield: 12 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 123 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 651 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC