- 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (8-1/2 ounces each) lima beans, drained
- 1 to 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, combine the broth, potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the corn, lima beans, turkey, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Yield: 12 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Turkey Vegetable Soup in Reminisce November/December 1993, p49
Reviews for Turkey Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2010
"Our fellowship teacher said this was delicious.I used two different chicken stocks, Wolfgang Puck's & Swanson. Also used organic carrots, celery and 1 1/2 tsps. chili powder. Added minced garlic & garlic powder.Next time I'll substitute plain corn instead of the creamed corn as that gave it a sweet taste."