Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup frozen French-style green beans
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute the turkey, celery and onion until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf. Soup may be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Vegetable Soup(5)
Sort By :
This is absolutely delicious! Used one other reviewer's suggestion and substituted V8 for the tomato juice, and I used vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
This has become my favorite soup. I didn't have tomato juice, so I used watered down tomato sauce--it was DELICIOUS! I also used brown sugar instead of regular. Easy and rewarding. Well, what are you waiting for? Try it for yourself!
I have made this recipe a couple of times. I used V8 juice as the base, and it was really good. It was a nice change from just a broth or creamy base. The extra lean ground turkey in it was delicious, and I liked the hunks of veggies. It hits the spot on a cold day!
I just used some leftover Turkey from Thanksgiving Day. I didn't drain the Diced Tomatoes. I like my soups with a little more broth. I used Italian Seasoning, instead of Basil. I added Parmesan Cheese. Next time I make it, I think I'll boil some Pasta and then add the soup to it. Very tasty soup. Quick, tasty and easy. How can you loose?
I've made this soup twice now, and both times it got rave reviews! Even my kids love it, and I love how easy it goes together.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Soup Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Soup Recipes >
- Tomato Recipes >