Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 6 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 2 cans (8-1/2 ounces each) lima beans, drained
- 1 to 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, combine the broth, potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the corn, lima beans, turkey, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Yield: 12 servings (about 3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Turkey Vegetable Soup in Reminisce November/December 1993, p49
Reviews for Turkey Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2010
"Our fellowship teacher said this was delicious.I used two different chicken stocks, Wolfgang Puck's & Swanson. Also used organic carrots, celery and 1 1/2 tsps. chili powder. Added minced garlic & garlic powder.Next time I'll substitute plain corn instead of the creamed corn as that gave it a sweet taste."