Turkey Vegetable Skillet Recipe
"As everyone who raises a garden knows, zucchini grows overnight!" declares June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa. "I never like to let anything go to waste, so I try adding this hearty squash to every recipe I can. This dish has the fresh taste of summer."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 pound zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat in oil until turkey is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain if necessary. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 135 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC