"As everyone who raises a garden knows, zucchini grows overnight!" declares June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa. "I never like to let anything go to waste, so I try adding this hearty squash to every recipe I can. This dish has the fresh taste of summer."
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 pound zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat in oil until turkey is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain if necessary. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Vegetable Skillet in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p44
Reviews for Turkey Vegetable Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review