"As everyone who raises a garden knows, zucchini grows overnight!" declares June Formanek of Belle Plaine, Iowa. "I never like to let anything go to waste, so I try adding this hearty squash to every recipe I can. This dish has the fresh taste of summer."
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 pound zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat in oil until turkey is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain if necessary. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Vegetable Skillet in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p44
Reviews for Turkey Vegetable Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2009
"Very bland and uninspiring"
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2009
"this is VERY good!!! and my fiance actually got not just 2nds but 3rds!! the pickels make it awesome! i would recommend it to anyone! and passed it on to my other family members!"