Turkey Vegetable Lo Mein
When I have only 20 minutes to get dinner on the table, this is the recipe I reach for.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta or vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup julienned cooked turkey breast
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, broth, soy sauce,
- ginger, sugar, garlic powder and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Add
- pasta. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pasta
- is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into pasta mixture;
- add turkey. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3 minutes, until
- thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 296 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,357 mg sodium,