- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta or vermicelli, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup julienned cooked turkey breast
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, broth, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, garlic powder and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Add pasta. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into pasta mixture; add turkey. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3 minutes, until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Lo Mein in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p154
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Vegetable Lo Mein
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2009
"Thank you. Except for the red pepper flakes, which I do not use, this is wonderfully easy, using on hand staples. Very tasty indeed."