- 2 cans (one 49-1/2 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 medium carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked medium pearl barley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-55 minutes or until barley and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaves.
- May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 10 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Turkey Barley Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p49
Reviews for Turkey Vegetable Barley Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2013
Very good soup, easy and uses leftover turkey in a satisfying way. I left out the potato and green pepper--yet it was still tasty.