Turkey Turnovers Recipe
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In large skillet, saute the celery and onion in butter until tender. Blend in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey and parsley. Set aside.
- 2. In large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the cheese. Add sour cream, mixing until dough forms a ball. Divide dough in half. Roll out half of dough into 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut into six 6-in. squares. Repeat with second half of dough.
- 3. Place 1/3 cup turkey filling on each square. Fold diagonally to form a triangle; seal edges by pressing down the fork tines. Cut slits in top of turnovers. Place on baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 400°. Bake 5-8 minutes longer until the crust is golden brown. Yield: 12 turnovers.
1 each: 644 calories, 42g fat (27g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 852mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein .
Reviews for Turkey Turnovers
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer