Turkey Turnovers for Two Recipe
I make this dish often after the holidays when there's leftover turkey in the refrigerator or freezer. It's a hearty meal for the two of us and simple to prepare. -Julie Wagner, Northville, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup cooked peas or vegetable of your choice
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- Dash each salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted or chicken gravy
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in the turkey, peas, almonds, onion, parsley, pimientos, salt, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. On a floured surface, knead gently 5-6 times or until dough is no longer sticky. Gently roll into an 11-in. x 7-in. rectangle; cut in half. Spoon half of the turkey mixture onto each. Carefully fold pastry over filling; seal edges tightly with a fork. Brush tops with butter.
- 3. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, heat soup and serve with turnovers. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 617 calories, 37 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 1,553 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC