- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup cooked peas or vegetable of your choice
- 4 teaspoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- Dash each salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted or chicken gravy
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in the turkey, peas, almonds, onion, parsley, pimientos, salt, pepper and garlic powder; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine biscuit mix and water until a soft dough forms. On a floured surface, knead gently 5-6 times or until dough is no longer sticky. Gently roll into an 11-in. x 7-in. rectangle; cut in half. Spoon half of the turkey mixture onto each. Carefully fold pastry over filling; seal edges tightly with a fork. Brush tops with butter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, heat soup and serve with turnovers. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Turnovers in Reminisce Extra December 2000, p52
Reviews for Turkey Turnovers for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review