- 1 package (20 ounces) lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 12 tostada shells
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup cubed avocado
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, taco seasoning and hominy. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- On each tostada shell, layer the lettuce, about 1/3 cup turkey mixture, cheese, tomato and avocado. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Tostadas in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p26
Reviews for Turkey Tostadas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review