Turkey Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving syrup. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, salad greens, turkey, blue cheese, almonds, cranberries, celery and onion.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients and reserved syrup. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 199 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 2 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Tossed Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.