I played around with my best friend's recipe for chicken salad until I had one that was perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers. This salad is light and refreshing...the perfect antidote for heavy holiday eating. Plus, it's easy to prepare. —Kristy Dills, Flintsonte, Georgia
Featured In: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Dash each salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Drain oranges, reserving syrup, and place in bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and reserved syrup; toss with salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Tossed Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review