Turkey Tossed Salad Recipe
I played around with my best friend's recipe for chicken salad until I had one that was perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers. This salad is light and refreshing...the perfect antidote for heavy holiday eating. Plus, it's easy to prepare. —Kristy Dills, Flintsonte, Georgia
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Dash salt and pepper
- Drain oranges, reserving syrup. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, salad greens, turkey, blue cheese, almonds, cranberries, celery and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients and reserved syrup. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Tossed Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2014
I have made this for a teacher appreciation dinner. They loved it!