I played around with my best friend's recipe for chicken salad until I had one that was perfect for Thanksgiving leftovers. This salad is light and refreshing...the perfect antidote for heavy holiday eating. Plus, it's easy to prepare. —Kristy Dills, Flintsonte, Georgia
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Dash salt and pepper
- Drain oranges, reserving syrup. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, salad greens, turkey, blue cheese, almonds, cranberries, celery and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients and reserved syrup. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Tossed Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2014
"I have made this for a teacher appreciation dinner. They loved it!"