Turkey Tortilla Spirals Recipe
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Place turkey on tortillas to within 1/4 in. of edge. Spread cream cheese over turkey; sprinkle with pecans. Spread each with 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce. Roll up jelly-roll style; wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Just before serving, cut each roll into six pieces. In a small bowl, combine the celery, onions and remaining cranberry sauce. Serve with tortilla spirals. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 spirals with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 204 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.