Turkey Tortilla Spirals
No one ever suspects that Peggy Grieme's addictive pinwheels and cranberry dipping relish are light. "People are always surprised by how easy this recipe is to prepare," she explains. "It's the tasty combination of ingredients that keep guests reaching for more."
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place turkey on tortillas to within 1/4 in. of edge. Spread cream
- cheese over turkey; sprinkle with pecans. Spread each with 2
- tablespoons cranberry sauce. Roll up jelly-roll style; wrap tightly
- in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Just before serving, cut each roll into six pieces. In a small bowl,
- combine the celery, onions and remaining cranberry sauce. Serve with
- tortilla spirals. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 3 spirals with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 204 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 485 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.