Turkey Tortellini Toss Recipe
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey, zucchini and garlic over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper flakes; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- 3. Drain tortellini; add to skillet and toss to combine. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 397 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Tortellini Toss
"I made this for another couple and they loved it! Lots of flavor, very pretty with lots of color."
"Very good -- but I added a little jarred Alfredo sauce, just to stick the ingredients together."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.