Turkey Tortellini Toss
One night I had frozen cheese tortellini on hand and didn’t have a clue about what I was going to make. I scanned my cupboards and refrigerator and soon I was happily cooking away. So fresh-tasting and simple, this is a combination I turn to again and again! —Leo Parr, New Orleans, LA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey, zucchini and garlic over
- medium heat 7-9 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking
- up turkey into crumbles; drain. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and
- pepper flakes; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- Drain tortellini; add to skillet and toss to combine. Drizzle with
- oil; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 397 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.