One night I had frozen cheese tortellini on hand and didn’t have a clue about what I was going to make. I scanned my cupboards and refrigerator and soon I was happily cooking away. So fresh-tasting and simple, this is a combination I turn to again and again! —Leo Parr, New Orleans, LA
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey, zucchini and garlic over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper flakes; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- Drain tortellini; add to skillet and toss to combine. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Tortellini Toss in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p21
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Turkey Tortellini Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review