One night I had frozen cheese tortellini on hand and didn’t have a clue about what I was going to make. I scanned my cupboards and refrigerator and soon I was happily cooking away. So fresh-tasting and simple, this is a combination I turn to again and again! —Leo Parr, New Orleans, LA
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey, zucchini and garlic over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper flakes; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- Drain tortellini; add to skillet and toss to combine. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Tortellini Toss in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p21
Reviews forTurkey Tortellini Toss
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
"I made this for another couple and they loved it! Lots of flavor, very pretty with lots of color."
Reviewed May. 14, 2013
"Very good -- but I added a little jarred Alfredo sauce, just to stick the ingredients together."