Turkey-Tomato Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup sauce with 1 tablespoon Parmesan (calculated without spaghetti) equals 156 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Turkey-Tomato Pasta Sauce
"Why is this included with the low carb recipes? If you are trying to eat low carb, you must steer clear of pasta!"
"This was awesome. I made a slight adjustment by adding green peppers and mushrooms."