We love pasta dishes, especially easy low-fat ones. This savory spaghetti sauce is a favorite at our house. The chunky mixture is good ladled over any type of pasta. —Sherry Hulsman of Louisville, Kentucky
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey-Tomato Pasta Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p27
Reviews for Turkey-Tomato Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2015
"Why is this included with the low carb recipes? If you are trying to eat low carb, you must steer clear of pasta!"
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2012
"This was awesome. I made a slight adjustment by adding green peppers and mushrooms."