We love pasta dishes, especially easy low-fat ones. This savory spaghetti sauce is a favorite at our house. The chunky mixture is good ladled over any type of pasta. —Sherry Hulsman of Louisville, Kentucky
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey-Tomato Pasta Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p27
Reviews for Turkey-Tomato Pasta Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review