Chloe, my 3-year-old, is a big fan of these healthy peppers, which have a great thyme flavor. She likes to help mix the ingredients and make meals with me. —Jennifer Kent, Media, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 medium sweet yellow or orange peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes, rice and bread crumbs.
- Cut sweet peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Arrange pepper halves in a 13x9-in. microwave-safe dish; fill with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, covered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey-Thyme Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home November 2014, p32
Reviews for Turkey-Thyme Stuffed Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2014
"easy and delicious. I left out the onions and used feta instead of mozzarella. Yum!"
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2014
"This recipe is easy and delicious. It is now my go-to stuffed pepper recipe."