This family-pleasing meal-in-one has it all—tender turkey thighs, tasty vegetables and a homemade sauce. I like to cook chicken breasts the same way. It's also good with honey-flavored barbecue sauce poured over the meat instead of the soup mixture.—Betty Gingrich, Oxford, Arkansas
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, cut into chunks
- 4 turkey thighs, skin removed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the potatoes, carrots and onions. Top with turkey. Combine the soup, water, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 180° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Thigh Supper in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p8
Reviews for Turkey Thigh Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review