This recipe comes from a cookbook our church compiled. It's convenient because it can be made ahead and frozen. After the holidays, we use leftover turkey to prepare a meal for university students. They clean their plates!
-Gladys Waldrop, Clavert City, Kentucky
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a
- large bowl; add the next 10 ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole; sprinkle with cheese if
- desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 252 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.