Turkey Tenderloin Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. Flatten tenderloins to 3/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, sherry or broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, onion, ginger and pepper; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill turkey, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwhich equals 281 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Tenderloin Sandwiches
"Easy and tasty. I halved the recipe and used only about 2-1/2 oz per person which was plenty for us. Because I had just a little bit of turkey I sauteed the turkey instead of grilling or broiling. Turned out very good..."
"Love this recipe. The marinade gives the turkey such a great flavor. It took a little while on my gas grill - but it was totally worth it! It also heats up well in the microwave if you have leftovers."