We loved these absolutely delicious tenderloins when we visited the Iowa State Fair. We had to wait in line for more that an hour to order them, but with this recipe, we can enjoy them regularly.
Recommended: 50 Recipes We're Cooking Right Now
- 4 turkey breast tenderloins (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Flatten tenderloins to 3/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, sherry or broth, soy sauce, lemon juice, onion, ginger and pepper; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill turkey, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Tenderloin Sandwiches in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p29
Reviews for Turkey Tenderloin Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2011
"Love this recipe. The marinade gives the turkey such a great flavor. It took a little while on my gas grill - but it was totally worth it! It also heats up well in the microwave if you have leftovers."