Turkey-Tarragon Noodle Soup
I think tarragon and turkey are a flavor match made in heaven and this recipe proves it! — Carolyn Ketchum, Wakefield, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh tarragon leaves
- Additional fresh tarragon leaves, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil; add noodles. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until
- noodles are tender. Stir in turkey and tarragon; heat through.
- Discard bay leaf. If desired, top servings with additional tarragon.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 219 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,250 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.