Turkey Taco Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in salsa, beans, chili powder and cumin; heat through.
- Divide romaine among four plates. Top with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cilantro and toppings of your choice. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Taco Salad(3)
Sort By :
My friend and I hardly spoke until we finished a bowl of this salad; it's that good!!! Substituted parsley and lovage for the cilantro (not a fan), and topped it with tomatoes and shredded four cheese blend. Tortilla chips with a hint of lime went perfectly with this.
I will certainly make this recipe again. We loved it from the first bite. I did make the meat mixture ahead a few hours and chill it. I prefer it cold with the lettuce.
What a nice light but filling salad. I added a few slices of jalapeno and Mexican hot sauce for a little heat. Very tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Salad Recipes >
- Southwest Salads >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Diabetic Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Mexican Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Salads >