- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Optional toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in salsa, beans, chili powder and cumin; heat through.
- Divide romaine among four plates. Top with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cilantro and toppings of your choice. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Turkey Taco Salad
"This recipe is so delicious!! I followed everything except the peppers because I didn't have them on hand and cilantro because I do not like it and I also made my own salsa. The taste was superb! I am glad to have finally found my go-to turkey taco recipe."
"My husband and I LOVE this dish! So easy to make and very, very good!"
"Delicious and healthy."
"Excellent I made it exactly as stated in the recipe!"
"This was a delicious recipe exactly as is. I made it last night for Cinco de Mayo and it was a huge hit. Will definitely be making this again!"